2015 was interesting and long as hell. This year felt like 3 of them jammed together with 1 Winter and 2 long Springs. This year was so odd that I decided to be sure that I captured the major moments of my own life and share them with you, my new readers.
Things I learned:
- You can do Epic things with $350 (vacations, electronics, wardrobe refreshes)
- There are way more free things to enjoy than people are willing to find out about (casino shuttles, first-time Ubers, concerts outside)
- Life is full of crazy assholes, try not to be one of them
- I am responsible enough to own a house
- Family is everything, good and bad…
- God is going to always send me something to laugh at when I’m feeling blue and doesn’t really care about the protocol of the given situation. Funeral, Church, School, Work… doesn’t matter
- Did you know that God was from the Land of Oz, and Jesus flew in an airplane? I thought that I was going to have to climb in the box with my big cousin because I was getting dead weak… RIP and love you always Tyrone, you would’ve been rolling too.
- Saying No, and being told No can be the best thing that ever happens to you
- Tyson Beckford feels like he’s made out of muscles and Shea Butter and has no pores or wrinkles
- My best friend is hilarious when drunk, but even funnier freshly sober and ready to eat
- My dog June is my spirit animal, she hates bells, and will kill or die for the noise to end
- My parents really love themselves and eat lots of vegetables so hopefully if I follow suit I can look like them when I’m knocking on 60’s door
- My Grandmother is amazing enough to diagnose her own illness… she made the doctors look again so they could start the treatment early, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg of why I love her so much.
- I’m still too emotionally fragile to really experience a tourist free Gentrified New Orleans 10 years after Katrina. I love White people, but they only made up 25% of the population when I lived there… Fleurty Girl will have to serve as my stand-in Black New Orleanian. I hope she can tell me what happened to the Gumbo Man that sold to club patrons out the back of the Scion.
- Every grown person comes with their own list of responsibilities, and if you’re not careful, they’ll try to sneak some over to you. Keep your eyes open and wash your own dishes.
Enjoy the video of my 2015 🙂